Whether it’s a Traditional IRA or a Roth IRA, a Self-Directed IRA (SDIRA), gives you all the tax advantages of an IRA with the freedom and flexibility of a wider array of investment instruments. The opportunity to take control of your financial future with greater asset diversification is one reason to invest in a self-directed IRA.
- Regular IRAs allow investments in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, ETFs, and CDs.
- With a self-directed IRA, your investment options increase to include real estate, tax lien certificates, private market securities, promissory notes, and other investment opportunities.
- Building wealth with the tax advantages of an IRA while diversifying your retirement investment fund allows you to seek higher returns than a regular IRA.
- Higher yields and less volatility are another advantage of an SDIRA.
There are restrictions on what is permissible within IRS guidelines for an SDIRA.
- For example, you cannot borrow money from your SDIRA, sell the property to it, or enter into deals with relatives for it.
- You should also know that your IRA custodian cannot provide investment advice.
- Your IRA custodian can and should advise you of all prohibited transactions for your SDIRA.
The annual contribution limits are the same as a regular IRA: for those below the age of 50, $6000, and those older than 50, $7000. With the current and future problems with pensions, health care, Social Security, and other government programs, it is more important than ever to have a solid foundation for your financial future.
Quest Trust Company IRA Specialists can answer your questions about an SDIRA. Consider the benefits of an SDIRA with Quest Trust Company as your custodian:
- While most companies have only one option for your SDIRA, Quest Trust Company offers seven.
- Quest, there is no minimum cash balance.
- Transaction processing can exceed over two weeks with some companies; Quest processes transactions within 24-48 hours.
Quest offers the following for FREE (Other companies charge a fee for all of the following items):
- Expedited Services
- Processing Incoming Wires
- Processing Incoming Checks
- Roth Conversions
- Change Account Type Fee
- Certified Mail Fee
- Paper Statement Fee
- Distribution Processing
- Required Minimum Cash Balance (No minimum cash balance)